Heaven has shined on me recently. Or perhaps it’s more accurate to say I visited heaven recently. Perhaps both are true. Either way I’ve had a few thoughts without any details. Maybe I’ll elaborate on some of them in the coming weeks.
A few things I’ve learned this weekend:
- Time can and often does slow down when you’re with someone you love.
- Serendipity happens when you least expect it.
- Being open to those thoughts that have been pushing on a locked door inside your head just might take you somewhere surprising.
- Being cold can feel exhilarating or miserable depending on the circumstances and even more so, on your attitude.
- Breathing very cold air in a very warm bed produces happy dreams.
- Just because something makes you nervous doesn’t mean it’s going to feel bad, you might even experience sheer bliss.
- The stars look brighter and appear closer from inside a bubbling hot tub.
- The best recommendation for a great place to eat always comes from a local resident.
- There’s no such thing as too much hot chocolate or too much whipped cream on your hot chocolate.
- Saying goodbye never feels good.
- Saying hello outshines saying goodbye like sunlight outshines a starless night.
- Chocolate goes with everything.
- I’m a mountain girl at heart and will probably always feel restless living in the desert.
- Say yes to trying something different, the chances for joy lean in your favor.
- Blue comes in more shades than any other color of the rainbow, and I pretty sure I saw most of them in the past three days. Green comes in a at a close second.
- Taking a different path downhill from the one you take uphill can make all the difference.
Hoping none of this comes across as too vague or too pie-in-the-sky. But, if it does I’m not too worried about it. I’m feeling saturated with love, joy, relaxation and warmth.
Hoping you’re able to find similar things in your days.