It’s Gratituesday! Today’s thankfulness is brought to you courtesy of a quick list of things I’m thankful for.
- I belong to a book club that makes me think about things I don’t always consider. I should also mention I feel lucky that they’re so easy-going about my critical, not always glowing words when we discuss things.
- Cold weather and I don’t get along well. I’m blessed to live where the winter is mild and reasonable.
- I’ve had lots of time in the past two weeks of influenza fog to do some big time reading. So I guess there’s a plus side to being sick.
- I finished a craft project I started a year ago. Nothing fancy or complicated. But I finished it. I’m not normally a finisher, so I feel pretty dang successful and proud of that little project.
- I missed January’s vegetable planting window, but I still have a February garden waiting to start.
- My wildflowers out front bust out more every day, making a green, yellow and orange carpet of my rocky front yard. Add in the brimming flower pots at the front door and I feel welcomed home with open arms.
- A good sized “to-read” stack of books beckons me with undiscovered adventure, wisdom and laughter.
- A vacancy opened up recently on my writing desk, just roomy enough for my little family of journals, notebooks and a laptop computer.
- I think there’s music fluttering about that I’m not hearing, so I’m turning up the volume on my potential-good-stuff-in-my-life-meter. I’ll fine tune a few things and hopefully, soon, I’ll catch a melody breezing about and let it in.
I’m sure there’s more, but midnight’s closing in fast and GratiWednesday just sounds dorky. I wanted to make sure I acknowledged the happiness in my life today, and every Tuesday.