It’s Gratituesday! Today I’m grateful. Yes. That’s it.
Sometimes life just stuns me with so much, yes I’m going to use the word, AWESOME.
I’m in awe.
Three months ago I got this app on my smart phone that’s basically a gratitude journal. I can write in one thing I’m grateful for or a whole long list of them. I can even add a photo for the day.
Maybe for today I’ll simply list what I’ve written down in that app over the past week.
- Air travel
- Seeing one of my sisters
- Earphones for my own personal soundtrack to block out the world as needed
- A good book to read
- A chance to visit Mom and Dad
- Lulu the cat’s magical ways with my parents
- Walks with Mom
- Bright yellow birds in the fields
- Cool temperatures
- Amazing views that keep changing
- Life slowing down to a summer’s pace
- Seeing Mom succeed at sewing
- Emotional renewal
- Happy chubby baby pictures
- Stroking the cat and enjoying her purring
- My Grandparent’s phenomenal legacy
- Chilling with my older brother
- Meeting my newest nephew
- An early morning solitary walk in the mountains, twice
- Family Reunions
- Hugs from my other two brothers
- Flush toilets
- Early bedtimes
- Meeting my newest niece
- A warm shower
- A soft bed
- Salmon for dinner
- Hanging out with my other sisters
- Nature’s amazing offerings
I could go on and on and on. But I won’t. If I could use words to convey this overflowing feeling in my chest I’d find them, but for today words don’t come close.
To anyone I’ve come in contact with this past ten days I want to say, “How sweet it is to be loved by you.” (yup it’s a James Taylor song) You’ve made my life phenomenal and filled it with joy.
I’m blessed and very aware of it.
Sure, I’m living in a kind of vacation bubble for almost two weeks. But, it’s not one of those vacations that involve hitting all the sights or spending tons of money or eating exotic foods. These past days revolve around family and nature. Love and beauty serve as foundations and structure for each day here.
How many vacations can you describe that way?
I wouldn’t have it any other way.