Things that have put a smile on my face this week
1. Hand wind surfing out both sides of a car window.
2. Dognose wind surfing out a truck window. What a way to experience the world.
3. Mom’s giggles.
4. The physical therapist’s jokes.
5. Hummingbirds at the feeder, zipping around the yard.
6. My sisters surrounding and serving and loving.
7. Seeing Chicken and Waffle flavored potato chips for sale. What the heck???
8. Kid History YouTube videos, bizarrely funny.
9. Watching my brothers rock their worlds with new directions and smart choices.
10. Fifty two degrees overnight, eighty-eight degrees daytime. Can you say “mmm….”
11. Black-eyed Susan’s blooming like crazy.
12. Fresh trout, fried up in lemon butter, with fresh corn on the cob and watermelon. Oo la la!
13. A cat that can’t be tuned. Did you miss this story about cat tuning? Click here 🙂
14. A panoramic mountain view out the front window.
15. Buttery, chewy, warm chunky chocolate chip cookies baked by my nephew.
16. Some new ideas about organizing and bringing order to my life.
17. A kind, thoughtful remark by a twelve-year-old boy.
18. Seeing a newborn babe sleeping in his mother’s arms.
19. A new season of “Burn Notice” available on Netflix. Hooray! Now I can find out what happens next.
20. Dad’s Wiley ways and his extra vigilant and protective attitude about Mom.
21. Figuring out when to hold ’em, and when to fold ’em. Figuratively speaking, of course.
Just noticing some of the good stuff.
There’s plenty of attention paid to the hard things, the challenges, the break your heart moments. I’m just trying to balance the scale a little here.
It kinda works. I’m smiling, at least.